Although they have been in use for over 50 years, Pterygoid and Zygomatic implants are one of the least understood styles of dental implant treatment. This may be due to the fact that pterygoid and Zygomatic implants are widely considered to be one of the most difficult fixtures to place in all implant dentistry.
This 2-day course will provide knowledge and guidance for incorporating this style of treatment into your full arch dental implant practice.
This course is a comprehensive, detailed, step-by-step lecture that will cover the Zygomatic and pterygoid Implants, surgical and pre-surgical planning, surgical procedures, and protocols including multiple techniques commonly used to place and restore these implants.
After didactic learning about those implants, course participants will receive hands-on guidance for the placement of pterygoid and zygomatic implants on both models and cadavers.
- Review history of pterygoid and zygomatic implant treatment
- Review anatomy pertinent to pterygoid and zygomatic implant treatment
- Review indications and contraindications for pterygoid and zygomatic implants
- Pre-Surgical workup for treatment planning pterygoid and zygomatic implants
- Review surgical techniques for the placement of pterygoid and zygomatic implants
- Review complications associated with pterygoid and zygomatic implants
- Review prosthetic restorations of pterygoid and zygomatic dental implants